Friday, July 19, 2013

Suggestion to Teens... Become a Plumber

 
Took care of some pesky business yesterday. This stupid truck just sat there and sat there for two years. I tried to give it away... no one would take it. Now that the sale of the house is imminent, it must be dealt with. Lo and behold, my neighbor tells me he owns a junkyard, and he will give me $300 and tow it away. Thank you Paulie, and problem solved.

 
One problem solved, another problem pops back up. The damn plumbing in this house is turning out to be a nightmare. The kitchen sink clogged up again, and here we are, pulling out the dishwasher (thank goodness we haven't bolted it in yet), and emptying out under the sink.

 
Here I am, at eight o'clock in the morning, waiting for the plumber...

 
And here is the problem. This giant pipe, blah, blah, blah, clogs, and wrong turns, and needs to be modified, blah, blah, blah. Shame on "Gary the Plumber", for ripping us off for $300, and thanks to John & Dennis, from "All About Plumbing" for coming to the rescue. John came out last week and snaked the main drain out to the street. This time, he permanently fixed our kitchen pipe problem. Hopefully, we won't need to see this great guy again, although I did consider trying to fix him up with my daughter. She said no.
 
 
Important news on the old home front...
 
Put it on the market, and got full asking price offer, two days later.
 
Hmm... maybe I should have asked more ???
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment