Thursday, July 25, 2013

Gardens and Disco Balls

 
Today was so nice, we worked outside again. We have been working on clearing out years, and years, of neglected English Ivy and old shrubs in the front of the house. It looks like the front of the house will be an ongoing project, as it is slow, and tedious, and back-breaking work.When we went to the local Home Depot, they didn't have much to offer, so I picked up a decorative grass and some Russian Sage to plant in the backyard. 

 
This tiny little bed under the dining room window gets lot's of sun. Terry dug up stumps and weeds, and then roto-tilled for me.

 
Then, I looked for treasures in my own backyard. These bricks were buried all over the yard. They are ancient, and still have original markings of the maker. Perfect recycled border material. These plants will fill in nicely over time, and will also be maintenance free.
 
My aim is one section of this mess of a yard at a time...

 
We came inside at dusk, and Terry finished hanging my disco ball light in the hallway upstairs.
 I LOVE IT !!!
It has clear beads all around it, and sets off a light pattern on the walls.
 
He said it was cool, but I never really know if he means it, or not.
 
He just loves me...
 
 and I keep forgetting to thank him for cleaning the laundry tub downstairs. 
 
Thank you sweetie pie.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment