Thursday, July 11, 2013

Never a Dull Moment

 
Met with my realtor today and hopefully figured out a decent asking price.
 
After he left, I spent some serious time cleaning the kitchen, to ready the old house for sale. I scrubbed, and washed, and windexed, until my fingers were soft.

 
Look at that fridge !!! gleaming, and it will even come with champagne...
 
After I was done with the kitchen, my plan was to move into the bathroom, but alas, my partner in crime called with bad news from the new homefront...

 
Every time you flush a toilet, the sewage comes up into the basement.

 
It was coming up into the basement shower, ugh !!!

 
We called four plumbing companies, and they said they could not come until morning. Then we called "All About Plumbing" in Madison Heights, 24/7 emergency plumbers. They came immediately, cleaned out the pipes, and charged a super fair price.
 
The back of their truck says, "Don't sleep with a drip". I thought that was hilarious.

 
There they are, working a giant auger.

 
And here is just some of the tree roots they pulled out of the pipes.
 
Trees !!! I love trees, I hate trees.
 
*
 
Anyhoo... The old house is going on the market, Monday, so I have to find some more time to get over there and get it ready. Saturday, I have a wedding shower, and Sunday, brother Bob is coming to help with a gas line.
 
I need eight more hours in each day...

No comments:

Post a Comment