Saturday, July 20, 2013

It's All in How You Spin It

 
I accepted a very good offer, and now it's time to say goodbye to my old house. My perfect house. My house, where I had everything just the way I wanted it (not really).
 
 The backyard was incredible, a deck, a garden, and plenty of room to roam (the sun baked the back of the house like a desert, the mowing was endless, and we always missed not having a garage).
 
The house was cozy, and perfect for our family (the house was too small, and we were tripping over each other trying to find private space). 
 
The neighborhood was lovely, and everyone kept it looking picturesque (the neighborhood was full of transients, walking to the park for drugs, littering, and casing homes for future robberies and car jackings).
 
I really loved my house, loved my neighbors, and loved my neighborhood (my house was never really what I wanted it to be, my neighbors were annoying, and I always felt the need to be on the lookout for crime, and kept the doors and windows locked at all times).
 
 
My new house has been challenging, to say the least. We joke that it is fighting us every step of the modernization, but we are winning.
 
(And I never feel unsafe here).
 
Carry on...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment