Friday, May 31, 2013

Robin Loves Terry

 
Terry deserves props where props are due... This horrible gaping hole in the wall was necessary for installation of heat ductwork and cold air returns.

 
Fast forward... and Terry worked his magic. he repaired the wall where the heat duct ran, and finished off the cold air return with a pretty grate. This was all in Sandy's room, and thank goodness, she will have no complaints.

 
Here we are, on our way home from Menard's in Chesterfield Township. Pouring down rain...

 
And, here's my new Butcher Block countertop hanging out of the trunk by a couple of feet. I was hanging on to it for dear life.
Wow, we do have some adventures (we really need a truck).
Thank you to Sandy for finding this great deal, a lot closer to home (it was only $140 for an eight foot block) and thank you to a very special sales girl at Menard's who went above and beyond the call of duty. She actually helped put it in the car !!!

 
Tonight, after everyone else was tucked into bed, I went down to my workshop and did a little more work on my mosaic project.

 
I am sifting through all of my tile remnants for this project. I am determined to finish this one without buying more tile (it's so expensive).

 
While I was down in the dungeon, I walked past my "Sad Clown". He looked so sad.
Terry and I got him for free, a few years ago, at a garage sale. The guy was closing up shop, and he just wanted to be rid of him. When we showed the slightest interest, he said, "take it, you can have it". We laughed, and took him home, and he has been our special little conversation piece ever since. Every person who enters our home exclaims how ugly and disturbing he is, but Terry and I feel a special bond with him. He was relegated to the basement (because everyone is so creeped out by him), and recently lost his giant frame, because Sandy needed it for a bulletin board project; but I think that he is going to find a happy new home in our new house. In our private upstairs bedroom where no one can make fun of him. 
 
I love my sad clown, and the painting too.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment