Monday, May 13, 2013

Robin Gets Distracted...

 
I was going to drywall patch this 4' x 2' hole left in the Dining Room wall from the radiator, but I came up with a better idea...
Since I am looking for more storage and shelving in the house, I thought a shallow, mounted, bookcase would easily cover the hole, be functional, and look great  on this wall.
So, for the last couple of days, I have looked online for cheap, unfinished bookcases, in the size I need. Haha, not so fast. The prices left me reeling.
Today, Terry disappeared out in the garage for so long that I went looking for him, and as I stood in the doorway, I saw this...

 
Hanging on the wall, once used as a shelf; the perfect size and just exactly what I had been looking for. Terry was not happy, he said it's crappy, it's dirty, and it's not on our to-do list. Well, of course, he was taking it down as soon as he could find his screwdriver. I love him.
 
(See the ghost bubbles?)


There it is. It even has raised legs. It was coated with grimy garage gunk, but nothing a little Clorox bleach spray couldn't handle.

 
It covers the hole in the wall perfectly; a little wood putty, some primer and paint, and this is the most exciting recycled find ever !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment