Monday, June 3, 2013

Weekend Warriors

 
Well, we were truly what you would call, "Weekend Warriors". I painted this hallway, which included no less than seven doorways, pass-thrus, and closets. The intricate molding and trying to protect the hard wood floors took some time, but it is clean, and bright White.

 
Finished all of the old kitchen cupboards, and they look good as new.

 
Terry filled the radiator hole in the upstairs half bath...

 
And in the hallway...

 
And in the two bedrooms upstairs. He only has two left (in the living room) and we can say goodnite to any memories of the old boiler system.

 
We painted, what will be our own room... I actually used the paint that I had planned for the living room, and we love the color. Terry drilled all of the doorknob holes upstairs to modern size, and all of the doors, and closets now have proper doorknobs and locks.

 
We actually high fived each other (we never do that), after we got the new butcher block counter top into place, and the sink fits perfectly into the hole. I want a new sink so bad, but we will clean up the old one for now, and Terry is working on shut off valves and other guy stuff plumbing things under the sink. Also, trying to ready the left side there for a dishwasher.

 
I should probably feel bad about this, but I don't... I bought 13 new $4.98 a piece drawer pulls, and the girl rang them up at .98 cents a piece. After the thousands spent in this horrible hardware store, I figure it's their thank you for shopping at "?#!* &?^@"
 
Next project for me, the backsplash, using some old tiles my brother donated...

 
There it is up close. They were not easy to install. The 60 year old pulls were off size, so I had to drill new holes, and thankfully, the base rounds cover the old holes.

 
I was thrilled to be able to use one of Sandy's curtain rods for my own room. Flashback to hanging Sandy's curtains... parts of the curtain rods were broken, the rods did not fit the curtain pockets, and it was a nightmare. She bought new rods, so I recycled one of the old rods and it worked perfectly for my room. I also used some old drapes I had in storage and they worked perfectly too.
Sometimes things just work out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment