Thursday, May 16, 2013

Floors & Flowers

 
Finished the floor today, and it looks great. So happy to be rid of that nasty old floor underneath. It's clean, and it looks good, and it's soft to walk on.

 
BUT... those tiles that require special cuts were a bitch !!!

 
Here's my recycled garage shelf turned into a bookcase. It's primed and ready for paint. I will paint it the same color as the walls, because I want it to disappear, and I want you to look at what's on the shelf, not the shelf...

 
Just a shot of the new floor, as it runs from the dining room, through to the kitchen.

 
Lily of the Valley, one of my favorites, coming up in the backyard.

 
And Lilacs, another favorite. This yard is coming up with lots of nice surprises.
 
Tomorrow, I'm going to help out mom in the morning, and then to the house in the afternoon. We still have a lot of little tasks to finish up in preparation for the city inspector. He is coming Tuesday of next week, so brother Bob is coming this weekend for crunch time.
 
Carry on...

No comments:

Post a Comment