Sunday, May 12, 2013

What Can I Say?... I Like Peel-n-Stick Tile

 
It was Mother's Day, after all, so I got to do a project that I wanted to... We started laying the flooring that will be in the dining room and run through into the kitchen. After considering the options; sanding down the tar paper and glue to get to the natural hardwood, laying ceramic or stone tile, or using the poor man's peel-n-stick vinyl, we opted for upper class vinyl tile.

 
$300 for a ten foot square room is definitely not poor man's peel-n-stick. This is a high grade, double layer, floating vinyl flooring. It goes down a lot like laminate wood flooring, but with sticky edges.

 
It is made to look like Travertine, which is a very expensive stone, but this is definitely softer under foot. and much easier to lay.

 
I'm very happy with the look and feel of this product, but I will say that it is a two man job. Or, one man and one woman job. I could not cut through the double layer tiles, so Terry had that job, and he did not have the finesse to interlock tiles, so that became my job. It also takes two to keep track of how the tiles interlock and how to best utilize extra pieces.

 
When all was said and done, we were quite happy. I would certainly use this type of tile again.
 
Happy Mother's Day !!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment