Saturday, May 11, 2013

Turn the Lights On !

Yesterday was spent with mom. Brought her home from rehab and got her settled in. Bob and Peggy came down to help out, and we had a nice visit. We did go to the project house late in the day, but we never seem to accomplish much in short spurts like that.
 
 
So today... we ran hard. Terry crawled up in the attic to finish off heat registers and attic access panels. Then we focused on some lighting. Hung my fancy new dining room lamp. I measured twice, but Terry still hits his head on it, as I gracefully glide underneath it... just like the one at home.

 
The ceiling fan for what will be Sandy's room. Simple and White, but with more and brighter lighting, just as she requested.

 
The ceiling fan for what will be Kevin's room. He doesn't care what it looks like, so I picked a fun Black and Silver model. His request is high winds, and man, this one puts out some cool air.

 
We also started filling the holes in the walls left from the radiator inserts. Four down, Fifteen to go...

 
After taking a break for dinner, and mowing the lawn at home base, we went to the Home Depot to pick up odds and ends, and came back to the project house with tile for the dining room.
I chose a high end, floating, vinyl floor. It looks like Travertine, but much softer under foot. I am actually a big fan of peel-n-stick tiles. I like the cost, the easy install, and the "not forever" choice of flooring. For the project house, I have gone back and forth about a decision to refurbish the hardwoods or just lay tile over them. Ultimately, the decision was made for me, because the floors are so badly damaged and covered with nasty glue and paper residue, that tiling is the most effective option. This will be a new adventure for us, as we have not tried a "floating" vinyl floor yet.
I will report on our results, and you can bet, some swearing will be involved...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment