Friday, June 7, 2013

Carpet & Tile

 
There they are, I snuck a picture while they were out in the front yard, cutting carpet. They were sweet and hard working. Done in a few hours (just in time for lunch). I wonder what they do when it's raining??? Or Winter??? I don't even know how they got that carpet upstairs through the tiny doorways and hallways, and I don't even want to know...

 
I kept busy with my backsplash tile project. I was only a third of the way done when they were finished up with the carpet. I will finish tomorrow, but so far I like it.

 
There it is, beautiful, soft, yeah !!!
 
Now, at least seven doors need planing to fit over the carpet, argh.

 
And soft stairs too...
 
Later in the day we took Kevin over to the house (he has not seen it yet). Sandy and I rolled around on the new carpet, while Kevin assessed the new living quarters. He gave it a thumbs up, except he said that the basement stinks. He has a keen nose, as we do have leaking and mildew issues still in the basement. He brought this fact to the forefront... that we must do some more demo and clean up in the basement before we can officially move in. We definitely need some roof vents, now that we have a forced air system, and we need to address the sump pump, as it doesn't seem to be working properly. We need proper fencing for the dogs, and we need to install some three prong plug outlets for our tech needs (Kevin's mostly).
 
My goal is to move with-in month's end...
 
We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment