Wednesday, June 12, 2013

No Money... No Problem

 
Terry got the sink back in today. Lookin' good...
 
I've gotta say, nothing makes me feel better than spending a bunch of money that I don't even have. Just kidding, but I did do some major appliance buying this morning. I know, I just said, in my last post, that we are out of money, but you can walk into the nearest ABC Warehouse and get instant credit. Amazing !!! I purchased a "suite of appliances". This is terminology I learned from watching too many home improvement shows. A suite of appliances is the whole shebang; refrigerator, stove, and dishwasher (and sometimes an over stove microwave). This terminology came about when contractors and house flippers started looking for a full package to complete a house for quick sale. It is cost effective to buy a suite, because the store will give discounts on multiple purchases.
 
Anyhoo, I got a pretty good deal on a Frigidaire package, and they will be delivered on Saturday.
 
My decision to purchase new appliances was not on a whim. I had just purchased a new fridge and stove a couple of years ago for my current home, but this new/old house we're moving into has 30 inch doorways. That means that my 35 inch fridge is not going through that door, no matter how you slice it. So, I made an educated decision to leave my appliances in the house I'm putting up for sale, because they will definitely be an added sale feature. And, I was able to special order appliance sizes that will fit through the doors of the new house, and work beautifully in my new tiny kitchen.
 
Now I really need brother Bob to hook up a gas line for the stove...

 
Tonight, Terry worked on cutting all of the upstairs doors to fit over the new carpet.

 
And, I worked on this giant shelving unit in the hallway.
 
 I can fit a lot of crock pots on these shelves !!!
 
 
Final note of the day...
 
I tried to pass it off as Blue, but Terry did not fall for my tricks. He told me tonight that he is not especially fond of the "Purple room". Damn, I thought I got that one past him...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment