Sunday, June 30, 2013

Some Good, Some Bad

 
My gargoyle made the trip to his new home today.

 
Just when Terry and I were lamenting doing everything by ourselves, Lucas called and asked if we needed any help.

 
He helped to remove the GIANT mirror from over the fireplace.

 
That old paint is going to require a couple of coats of KILZ.

 
There he is. He's very happy. Thank you Lucas, for the heavy lifting...

 
Lucas also helped out in the yard today. Took out the old yucky pine shrubs from the front and helped to remove some scrub trees gone wild. This yard is going to be an endless project.

 
Now, for the bad news, Terry has finally waved the White flag on kitchen plumbing. The drain has backed up again and it keeps leaking, so I will be calling a plumber in.
 
One step forward, two steps back...

 
I will also be calling the service tech for the refrigerator. It is cold and making ice, but the touch pad controls do not work, and they are doing crazy things. I have been listening to it beep and change functions at random, but with a dead screen. Ugh.
 
Tomorrow, I need to call the cable company for hook-up, the appliance repair tech, the plumber, U-Haul, my friendly realtor (Dave), and hope that all of these people plan on working 4th of July weekend.
 
Yeah, I can already see how this is gonna go...

No comments:

Post a Comment