Friday, June 21, 2013

Moving In... Moving Out

 
This isn't just about moving in to project house... it's also about moving out of old house. My motto is, "Take a load every time you go". If you take something every time you go to the new house, the actual move will be much easier.

 
Every day, the old house gets a little bit emptier. It's kind of fun to watch the kids try to figure out what's missing. I'm sure, an alarm will go off when they're sitting in a chair, in an empty room. 

 
The long, long hallway is now devoid of pictures, and mirrors, and rugs.

 
The laundry room is still full of crap, and getting worse. Towels, rugs, pillows, and drapes; all need a wash before they leave for the new house.
 
 
Other things seem to come up... My most favorite, and best, address sign was losing some tiles (due to weather), and when we took it down for some repairs, it crumbled. Now, I have to make a new address sign for the old house.
 
Not to worry, I will make a new sign, fit for the sale of this old house.
 

 
The floor still looks great (should help in the resale). Note to people everywhere... Never get laminate flooring wet... ever !!! A damp rag is all that is needed. If you can put up with smears and marks, the floor will retain it's luster.
 
Final note: I hate it, and I hate smeary, marked up floors. I will never do laminate again. If you're a real clean freak, spend the money and get real hardwood.
 
Special Note to Mom...
Sorry, the day got away from me. I'll call you tomorrow...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment