Sunday, June 23, 2013

Getting Closer

 
Ahh, the little moments. We spread out a meager picnic on top of the dishwasher installation instructions. A tiny sized bottle of wine, some salami, cheese, and crackers, and oh yes, some mini Snickers bars. We laughed, we talked, and I shared my Italian word of the day, "amore mio", which means my love.

 
Back to work. Nothing about this house has been "standard". Terry is working on the garbage disposal and dishwasher installation. The two go hand-in-hand, and this old house has never seen these modern conveniences. Good thing, Terry knows how to work magic, and good thing we have brother Bob on speed dial at all times.

 
Doesn't look like much, but it is a clothing rod in the closet...

 
I yanked Terry away from his kitchen work to install the clothing rods in the two kid's bedrooms. This was the final job that absolutely completed these two rooms. Yeah!

 
I finished painting this large closet upstairs, and I finished painting the living room.
 
I am the painter. That is what I do. I go from room to room, and I paint things. I should probably consider doing this for a living. Paint, paint, paint...

 
Last task of the day, finish my duplicate address sign. No matter how blasé' I try to be about it, I still have that OCD perfectionist problem. I'll grout it in the morning.
 
Can't wait to move.

No comments:

Post a Comment