Saturday, June 29, 2013

Help !!!

 
Today was a bad, bad day. It started out okay, but turned on us as the day went on. First thing this morning, I painted around the front picture window, and hung some beautiful new drapes. They are perfect. Rich looking, sheer, so you can see out, but no one can see in. Thank you Wal-Mart. I can't believe some of the bargains that I have got from that store. Comforters, drapes, and anything for the home is always an amazing price, ships fast and free, and ends up being good quality.

 
Behind the fridge shot. Terry is hooking up the water supply lines.

 
Here he is in the basement trying to hook the line into the plumbing. Things started to get ugly here. Everything in this house seems to fight off modern changes with a vengeance. There was some swearing and a couple of things were thrown, but in the end Terry won (and check out his new shoes, he gets a new pair every year, whether he needs them or not).
 
Too bad, when it was all hooked up, and we turned on the fridge, the touch pad features were acting as though they were controlled by aliens. This new fridge is much like the one in my old house. It has a modern touch screen that lets you control temperature and other settings on the front of the door, so I felt comfortable with how the controls work. But, it was not comfortable with me !!! It was reading Fahrenheit and Celsius at the same time, the light was turning on and off by itself, and when I asked for water, it switched over to ice cubes in the middle of a glass. I will have to call the Frigidaire people on Monday...

 
Sewed my own curtains last night. Instead of spending a fortune for a special size curtain, I bought from the bargain bin and hemmed them myself. It looks great, so proud !!!
( I am not a sewing person).

 
I was determined to hang this light fixture by myself, but of course, Terry had to save me.

 
I worked on the fireplace instead. I actually held raccoon poop in my hands. Yes I did. This is the sickest thing I've dealt with in this house since we had to scrape the dead raccoon off of the floor in the basement. The fireplace was full of raccoon hair and poop, and it actually had little raccoon handprints all over the glass doors, like a raccoon was trapped in there trying to get into the house. This job really sucked the life out of me, but the silver lining is the beautiful cast iron log crib that was hiding in there.

 
There he is, saving me once again. He got the light hooked up...

 
Love it. It's not really Gold, it's Brown, and when the light hits it, you can see highlighted leaf patterns. I did learn some things from Terry about light installation, so I might try to install the new light upstairs... We'll see...
 
I mowed the lawn, could not get the mower started (Terry helps me again).
We tried to take the giant mirror down from over the fireplace. ( I couldn't handle the weight, so there it sits).
The kitchen sink clogged up...again.
The basement is a leaking mess.
I think the house has fleas.
The weeds and scrub trees are growing taller than the house.
We still need a gas line.
Our backs are broken.
 
But this old house will not break us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment