Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving Eve

 
There he is, He's all cleaned up and ready for his big day tomorrow.
 
I took pictures all evening long, so here we go...

 
After I wrestled with the turkey, I made some Reuben sandwiches for dinner. Easy.

 
Made some deviled eggs.
 Put your filling in a baggie and snip off the corner to squeeze out into the egg.
 Makes a neat presentation. 

 
See how easy?
 
 
These are for me and Sandy, as nobody else likes them. Good.
 
 
Pecan Pie, looking good.

 
I've been saving bread scraps all week, and we are ready for stuffing.

 
The pie is out of the oven.

 
Terry was hanging more blinds. Now we finally feel privacy in the bathroom, but I need to find brackets so I can hang the valances back up.

 
Break time... Me and Roxy watched Jeopardy by the fire.

 
Shorty watched us watch Jeopardy.
 
She is having her own special holiday, because she is usually not allowed on the couch without a blanket under her. But I am washing her blanket, so we'll give her a pass.

 
Back to work. Cooked up some sausage for the stuffing.

 
This will be Sweet Potato Casserole.
 
Some Sweet Potatoes, Brown sugar, salt and pepper, melted butter, cinnamon, and three eggs.

 
Whip it up. This immersion blender was a gift from Sandy. Love it !

 
Crush some pecans, and Brown sugar, and butter for a crispy nutty topping, and bake it off tomorrow, and this is my favorite side (besides the stuffing).
 
Three things:
 
I hate turkey, but I sure do love the sides.
 
I wonder if all of this pre-show will make mom hungry?
 
and, finally...
 
my new kitchen is so small !!!
 
*
 
P.S. I am still cooking and blogging, while busy with Project House. Just go to http://www.robinsrecipes.com to find lot's of great recipes.
 
See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment