Saturday, August 17, 2013

Too Much Work, Too Much Nature

 
It was so beautiful this morning, I decided to enjoy it. I thought it would be a nice, easy job to paint the rusty iron porch railings. Six hours later, I was still swirling the paintbrush around the spindles and filigree decoration. I had spots of Black Rustoleum all over me, and was quite sore from the different positions I had to get into in order to reach certain spots. When I was done, I looked over the job, and said, "Hmm, not the impact I hoped for".

 
When Terry finally found me crouched down next to the porch, painting away, he decided to work out front with me, and he finished cleaning out the front beds. He dug, he sawed, he roto-tilled.
 
And finally we are ready for some planting. Too bad, we're out of money. But, this forced waiting period is giving me some time to research the best shrubs to plant here, for the best long term results.

 
Eww !!! This is the giantest snail I have ever seen. I let the dogs out for their final run tonight, and this is what I see, crawling up the basement window.
 
Every house I have inhabited is different; one house was over-run with frogs, one house had Earwigs and monstrous Cicadas (they had human-like faces). and the last one had groundhogs and hawks.
 
So far, in this house, we have bats (one flew right at my head), lot's of centipedes, skunks, FLEAS, and now... giant snails.
 
Eww.

No comments:

Post a Comment