Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Save a Little, Spend a Little

 
We have run into a serious brick wall here. We're not happy with any of the estimates for privacy fencing, the man never showed up about clearing out all of this debris, and we are still waiting for a decent tree removal estimate.
 
In the meantime, we have been trying to move rocks and cement ourselves; some of the prettiest rocks are going out into the front yard (border), and cement pieces are slowly being incorporated into my mosaic patio. This is slow, and heavy work, but, by God, it isn't costing us a cent !!!
 
 
Today, it rained, so Sandy and I went to the local Art Van and spent some of those cents...

 
Sandy finally found a dresser for herself (she has been searching for one for months). This beauty is all solid wood, and the top drawers have a mirror inlay. Beautiful, and only a couple hundred bucks (in the clearance center). One of the drawers was stuck and I made the warehouse guy fix it before I committed to buy it. Ha ha... victory.
 
Terry hates it when I say ha ha. He also hates it when I buy him things, but ha ha, I like to...

 
Promised him a recliner when we moved, and here it is. It has controls under the arm cushions (and a cup holder). It heats up, massages, and feels like sitting on a cloud.
 
Delivery tomorrow. Hope he likes it...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment