Saturday, August 31, 2013

Robin's 49 and Likes to Play With Concrete Blocks

 
It was my Birthday, and my favorite sister surprised me with a dozen chocolate covered strawberries. I had one after lunch, after dinner; for breakfast this morning, after lunch, and after dinner again.
Shame on her...

 
Terry bought me a rock tumbler. I wanted one so bad, and we were both excited to try it out, but when we read the instructions and thought about the commitment we would be making, we ran to the store to return it. Neither of us realized exactly what goes into polishing rocks. It is a six week process, with a lot of babysitting, and lot's of electricity used.
Forget it...

 
Making good progress on the patio. One of the neighbors stopped by, and loved it. He actually came over to inquire about all of the rocks, and cement, and bricks we have around the yard. He said a friend of his would like to take some for projects he does. When he saw the patio I have been working on, he exclaimed, "That's what my friend does!" Apparently, I am not the only crazy person who recycles, reuses, and repurposes in the name of art.

 
I even dug up moss from parts of the yard to infuse into the cracks of the patio. Hope it takes hold. I love moss. Some people try so hard to be rid of it, but it is such a pretty filler, and no trimming required. I am now thinking about some Red brick trim around the patio.

 
This is the pile left, even after making the patio. Terry has been breaking his back, trying to clear out all of the concrete, rocks, and bricks. People drive by, and just stare at the mess in this yard. I wish they would stop staring, and offer to help out...

 
Here is the next part of the patio project. This missing slab of cement sits just off the porch, and is in the direct runway toward the garage. I think I have enough cement brick to lay in a connecting walkway. We'll see...
 
Tomorrow, we take the day off and go for a visit at Bob's.
 
Sometimes, it's good to just get away...

No comments:

Post a Comment