Friday, August 23, 2013

My Realtor is a Great Guy

 
On this day, upon the closing of my old house, I must pay homage to my great friend and realtor, David. He has been a "touchstone" in my life since I was a teenager. He helped me find my first house (with first husband) back in the eighties. He helped me sell it five years later, and helped me find my second house (with second husband), and sell that five years later.
 
In the last ten years, he has helped me and Terry buy and sell three houses. Yes, I have realized that I have a tendency (and we affectionately call it the five year plan, as we seem to get antsy , and want to move every five years, or so).
 
David and my father were pseudo business partners, back in the day, and he became a close family friend. I call him a "touchstone" because he is always there. I could call him right now, and he would be there, or I could not speak to him for years, and he would still be there when I call upon him. I hate to admit that I probably take him for granted most of the time, but I will say it now; he is one of the greatest people I have ever known. His great spirit and easy going nature are infectious, and his loyalty is rare. 

 
Here is where we started the last house search, in Algonac, Michigan, a year and a half ago. Terry and I had some great notion of moving out to the boonies, on the water. David would drive anywhere we wanted, on a whim. We went to Marine City, we went to Clinton Twp., and we went to St. Clair Shores. After a few months of this silliness, we returned closer to our base. We looked at homes in Madison Heights, Warren, Center Line, Clawson, Royal Oak; we even dallied with Sterling Hgts. and Utica.
 
We looked through the Spring, and then the Summer, and then the Winter; and finally found "Project House".

 
I'm not sure how David retains his calm demeanor, but he does; house, after house, after house, and bid after lost bid.
 
Finally, we found the right house, and won the bid... and
 
Sold the old house in one day (I think he prayed about that one).
 
While we sat at the closing today, I felt thankful that I have someone so genuine in my life.
 
What a Great Guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment