Saturday, September 28, 2013

Wonton Soup and Other Things

 
Until I am ready to gut this whole kitchen, I must find ways to make it more user-friendly. It's so tiny in area, but so tall. The counter space is limited, and the cabinets are so high that little old me cannot utilize the upper spaces without a step ladder. So,Terry built me a shelf today, for spices and things that I like to keep handy. I still need to paint it, or stain it; not sure which...

 
I wandered around the house this afternoon, hanging up pictures, and mirrors, and doo-dads that have been sitting in the dining room since we moved in. The plaster walls do not like to take nails, but I have figured out the secret. Fat nails with big heads, and you must hold the nail while hammering.

 
When we took down the outdated ceiling fixtures, in the upstairs bedrooms, to hang ceiling fans, there were large rings (blackened, crusty, chipping) left around the mounts. We could have bought the stupid plastic rings to cover it up, or we could have scraped, and sanded, and painted... 

 
but Robin saw an artistic opportunity calling her. I got out the paints, and had some fun, although I may need a neck brace after craning my neck for so long.

 
Funny story... my lease car has to be turned in soon, so I need to decide on a replacement. I have been hating on Ford Fusions, and planning to get another Chevy Malibu. While we were sitting in the car waiting for our take-out Chinese order, I spied this beauty. Guess what?... it's a Fusion. So now, we will be visiting the Ford dealer to check them out...

 
And there it is... what's left of Sesame Chicken, Almond Chicken, Fried Rice, Egg Rolls, Pork Chop Suey, and my favorite thing...

 
Wonton Soup. I love it. It comes with a side of crispy fried noodles. Yum.

 
Anyhoo... dinner over, and back to work. Terry cemented in the posts for the gate behind the garage.

 
I am still sad, and mad, about the fence delay, but we will...
 
Carry on...

No comments:

Post a Comment