Friday, September 6, 2013

Busy Corner Lot

 
I took this picture the other day, from my kitchen window, while I was waiting for the tree guys to come. This is my portal to Center Line. I see everything out of this window. Every passer-by, transient, and high school football player; every truck, car, and bike rider. My corner lot is a circus of entertainment. I have never lived on a corner before, and gee whiz, welcome to a whole new world.
 
While we were working in the back yard this evening, we were visited by several people. They walk up to the fence, they drive up to the side and park, or they just seem to appear out of nowhere.
 
Gerry: nice old guy (from two doors down) brought me some tomatoes and introduced me to...
John and his wife: "landscape artist", looking for bricks and rocks. He took a trunkful.
(Can't remember his first name) Savage: Realtor who was curious about the sale of our house.
Leslie: from across the street... told us how happy she is that we are making improvements.
Rob: lives right across the street, and has been very helpful with landscaping needs.
The old woman who walks her dog...
The kids from down the street, who want to play with my dogs...
Lot's of visitors.
 
(We can't seem to get anything done).
 
This new, small town neighborly thing is new for me and Terry, and is a little disconcerting, but I must say, I am enjoying it. Our old neighborhood was so closed, and people were stand-offish.
 
Everyone is so nice, and everyone seems to know each other, and most of them grew up here.
 
Hopefully, the coming privacy fence will not deter visitors... or it will.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment