Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Long Winter

 
More cold, more snow. This Winter has pretty much paralyzed everyone, or at least forces a sort of slow motion existence.

 
Terry bought me a puzzle to help pass the time, but I had an indoor project on my mind...
 
 
Here's a kitchen view from the day we bought the house...
 
I just wanted a shelf under that cupboard.

 
Ask, and you shall receive. Terry worked his magic, and I had a shelf twenty minutes later.


I painted it, and it looked like it was always there...

 
Finished my puzzle too...

 
Today, I loaded up the shelf. This is a perfect, little space, over the stove, for all of the things I like to keep at hand while I'm cooking. I still miss having a hood fan (with light) over the stove, but this is pretty cool, and stays true to this older home.
 
 
I remain, obsessed, with this weird "stove in the middle of nowhere" situation. I just want to box it in, make it look like part of a counter, actually add a counter (somehow), I don't know. I will figure it out, eventually... 
 
For now, I am obsessed with cubbyholes and shelves. I want to build stuff in every nook and cranny.
 
I mean... I want Terry to build me stuff.
 
Long Winter.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment