Monday, January 6, 2014

He's All That

 
Alright, I sat and watched out the window for 45 minutes... the neighbor across the street, trying to get their car out after being plowed in.
 
Why didn't they park in the drive last night?
 
Did they not hear about the snow emergency?
 
Didn't they know that the plow would bury their car?
 
Did they not care?
 
Where did they need to go today?
 
As I sat, and watched, and pondered these questions...

 
There went my honey. He strolled over with his blower and cleared them out.
 He blew the snow away, and pushed the car out of the icy tire ruts, formed by their attempts to get out of heavy snow drifts.
 
He had already been out, plowing in -10 degrees. He had already gotten up at 4:00 o'clock in the morning for work (and shoveled then).
 
He's my honey.
 
I wish I was more like him...

No comments:

Post a Comment