Saturday, January 11, 2014

Water, Water, Water

 
After two glorious weeks in the deep freeze, we woke up to 40 degrees and rain.
 
We've gotten used to this drill, in project house. Down to the basement, to try and keep up with water pouring in through every wall.
 
 
I am going to call some basement experts, and get some ideas and estimates for fixing our water issue. I'm afraid that if I don't take care of this problem, we will be floating away in the Spring time.

 
Forget our own water issues, a call from mom sent us to her house to unclog a kitchen sink.
 
Unfortunately, it was too big for a guy with no tools.
 
Called a plumber, and waited.
 
While we waited, we did mom's shopping, and had some dinner.

 
Still clogged, and the plumber finally showed up at 8:00 at night.
 
I swear to God, I am buying an auger. These guys come in, and use their fancy auger thing, and charge $100, or $200 for ten minutes work. I've witnessed it at least four times in the last couple of months, and I'm sick of it !!!
 
And, I'm sick of all things having to do with water...
 
Oh well, back home to mop up basement water.
 
Carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment