Thursday, January 2, 2014

What is Going On?

 
Look at this light bulb... When is the last time I saw a bulb stamped "Detroit Edison?" Um, maybe never, I don't know, but this bulb has to be original to the house ???
 
I was digging around in the attic closet upstairs, when the light went pop. I took the bulb out and it was black, and when I wiped it off, I couldn't believe how old it was.
 
Of course, being in a closet, I assume the light was rarely turned on, hence the longevity...
 
I'll have to ask my mom to give me a history lesson on Detroit Edison light bulbs...

 
Here is the latest artistic experiment that Sandy roped me into helping with...

 
Glue crayons to a board, blow dry them til they melt, and make a one-of-a-kind piece of art.
 
I was pretty amazed by the melting process, but in the end, it's just melted crayons on a board...
 
All for the sake of art.

 
Six inches of snow over the last couple of days. There is Terry, with the best purchase we made this year... We decided that we are too old to shovel, and the snow blower certainly is coming in handy this Winter.
 
It's gonna be a long one.

 
Shorty doesn't seem to mind that it is 10 degrees outside.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment