Monday, January 20, 2014

Wish I Could Do This For a Living

 
First things first... The basement still leaks, but the mopping has eased, as the ground freezes up again, and the leak turns to a slow trickle. Estimates for waterproofing have scared us straight. $7000 is money we don't even have. So, we will try to figure out this mess ourselves, and carry on with other stuff.
 
My latest tile project is coming along nicely... 

 
Terry removed all of the paper backing for me. I get irritated with these mundane tasks, and he takes over for me. He says it's not that bad. I disagree.

 
Here's the beginning of a design. We went downtown to try to find special tiles for this (more on that in my next post), but we ended up at Lowes, and found some cool specialty tiles on sale.

 
Terry mapped out the center of the square for me (thank you sweetie), and I have been working outward. Every night, I do a little bit.

 
It's almost done now. I was really sad about this wall. We wanted to knock it out, for a more open space, but there are pipes in the wall. So, lemons... lemonade. I am pretty excited about it now.
 
A couple more nights, and this "dead space" will be transformed into more than just a wall.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment