Saturday, April 13, 2013

This and That

 
New kitchen faucet, still in the box. Can't install it yet. The plumbing is completely jammed, gonna have to call a plumber on this one...

 
New bathroom vanity. Can't install it until we figure out where the heat is coming up, trim away base tile, and re-do plumbing...

 
This is the sink from the bathroom. We are going to take it back to our current house and put it in the basement. Right now we have a toilet, and that's it, so an added sink will help with resale value. Call it a half bath in basement !!!

 
Last weekend I painted the putrid Green dining room, this weekend I painted the ceiling bright White. Great contrast, and totally in love with this room, not sure why, I just love this room...


I also threw down some peel-n-stick tile in the little half bath upstairs. Small job, cheap project, big impact. This little bathroom is going to be one of my favorite places. The toilet flushes like a dream, and there's a view.
*
And here's the view...
I can watch over my compound, and, it's hard to see in the picture, but that's St. Clements Field off in the distance, where lot's of Summertime activities will happen, I hope...


 
Here's another good project in my future. This awesome bookcase sits in the middle of the upstairs landing. I'm not quite sure what I will make of it, right now it's a mess of peeling paint, but I will think of something...

 
Once again, the guys were doing serious labor today, while I was doing decorator stuff. They finished running ductwork through the basement. We now have heat and cold air ducts to the bedrooms, bath, and a fully heated basement. Still have to run heat up to the second story. Ugh. I think we are all subconsciously putting off this arduous task.
 
Must give another shout out to that amazing brother of mine. I watched him put together a tangle of heat and cold air ductwork as easily as I would bake a cake. I wonder if he could bake a cake... probably, he's such a butthead.
 
Now, on a serious note, an update on Mom. Surgery is scheduled for Monday. They will be putting stents in her legs to improve circulation, and also taking off parts of her toes that have turned gangrenous. We'll all be there for that, so no new house news for a few days after that.
 
Carry on.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment