Monday, April 8, 2013

House, Mom, House, Mom...

 
This is ductwork, running up from the basement, through the first floor closet, on it's way to the second story. This project is to be continued next Saturday...
 

 
Look... running water. HUGE !!!
When we turned on the water, there was one big leak under the bathroom, but easily fixed. But there are two slow drains to figure out. The kitchen sink and the bathtub drains. We'll try to snake them ourselves, but we may have to call out the professionals on this one.
Right now, my favorite bathroom is the second story half bath... the toilet flushes like a charm.

 
The view from Mom's hospital room, and the little flower bouquet I got her.
The house project has come to a serious halt, with Mom's Peripheral Artery Disease. She will have a couple of procedures done in the next few days in order to get some blood flow returning to the legs. In the meantime, we have been spending quite a bit of time at the hospital with her.

 
Here's what we've been looking at for hours on end... Hospitals move in slow motion.
Since me and my house renovation genius happen to be siblings, we are both busy right now with Mom's care.

 
and here's a delicious and nutritious hospital meal. YUCK !!!
While Mom ate her slop, me and Bob, and his wife, and my guy, went to the cafeteria for some dinner. We had Cheeseburgers. Not bad.

 
P.S. Forgot to add my weekend project, that I am so thrilled about...
 
This is the awesome color I painted the Dining Room. While the guys fought with plumbing and furnace ductwork, I was busy painting over horrid Green walls. It's hard to see in the picture, but this color is almost Pearl like, maybe a Navajo White. I LOVE IT !
 
House, Mom, house, Mom...

No comments:

Post a Comment