Saturday, April 27, 2013

Doorknobs, Heating, and Painting

 
Here they are... The doorknobs. Eight hall & closet, and six bed & bath. Bed & bath need locks and hall & closet are simple knobs., and all of these simple knobs cost two hundred dollars ! Yikes.

 
No project in this house has been simple... of course, the original knobs on all of the doors are from 1949. I'm sure they were amazing in 1949, but they are miniature sized, with no locks, and just not practical today. So, after we remove the knobs, we must drill a bigger hole for the modern knobs.
I will keep the old knobs and try to find someone who wants them...

 
The guys were busy today. They ran the heat up to the second story. Big, big job, and there was a little swearing. But, it's done !!!!!
This is Terry trying to feed the ductwork up through the closet, to the upstairs closet where Bob is maneuvering it into place.

 
This Bobby, just working his magic...

 
What did I do today? I painted the bathroom. I used some leftover Seafoam Green paint from my old bedroom. Actually, it was called Caribbean Sea, but it's still Seafoam Green to me, and it matches the tile perfectly. Money Savings Alert !!!
Then I used up five gallons of White paint, hitting various window frames, closet doors, bedroom doors, door jambs, ceilings... you name it, I was a painting fool.
A lot of time was spent filling cracks and holes and terribly damaged window frames.
And I haven't even gone up to the second story yet..........

No comments:

Post a Comment