Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Drano really works !

 
Oh my gosh, this might not look like much to most folks, but to me the water going down the drain is the savings of hundreds of dollars. The kitchen drain seemed hopelessly clogged. I was ready to call Mr. Rooter out, but we decided to throw some Drano in there, and left it overnight. Miracle of miracles, after a few swift plunges there was a giant swoosh, and away went the clog. Thank you Drano.
 
 
Everyone wants beige paint. I think the lady at the paint counter thought I was nuts when I handed her three color swatches of different but similar paint colors. Kevin wants "Wheat Bread" in his room, Sandy wants "Potters Clay" in her room, and I want "Doves Cry" in the living room. All of them in a Light Beige, Grayish, Brownish hue. I am just thankful that Sandy gave up on the Dark Purple!!! Ready for some major painting, but first I have a lot of cracks and radiator holes to fix...

 
While at the Home Depot, I got lucky and found the perfect replacement cushion for my favorite patio loveseat glider. 25 bucks, and it's thick and cushy. Now, if it would just get nice enough outside to enjoy it...

 
Can't wait for my baby Crabapple to bloom. It was thwarted last year by the weird Spring we had. I look forward to the beautiful pink flowers (and I'll miss it when we move).
 
MOM UPDATE:
Moved her to a rehabilitation facility today. She is recuperating from some pretty rough surgery, and still needs nursing assistance and some physical therapy. She is doing much better and getting stronger in preparation for some more surgeries.
 
Carry on...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment