Thursday, April 4, 2013

Please Give Me Some Water !

Third time's a charm... right? Hopefully. Tomorrow will be the third time I sit in the house from 1:30 to 3:30 waiting for the water department to come out and turn on the water. The first time, they said that we must hook up the meter to the pipe ourselves. The second time, they said that we must have the furnace fully functioning before the water could be turned on, and that was after they had to dig up the front yard to replace the valves at the street. Oh yes, and let's not forget that I sat in the house for the entire two hour window they require for an appointment time, and after they did not show up, I had to drive to the city hall and inquire why they did not show up ( I didn't have the number with me). Funny, they showed up at the house at the same time I returned, which leads me to believe that they were sitting around watching soap operas in the workshop. Too bad, I missed mine, waiting for them. If they do not turn on the water tomorrow, I am going to bring a roll of toilet paper, and set up shop in the city hall bathroom...

No comments:

Post a Comment