Monday, February 3, 2014

Life Happens Every Day



 
After painting the walls, putting in the new light fixture,
and attaching the molding to the back door, it is time to figure out this flooring issue...
 
I went downstairs, and rummaged around in my tile warehouse, and found some perfect tiles (donated to me by my wonderful brother). Not my first choice of color and style, but wait a minute... FREE !!!

 
Terry threw down some backer-board, and I was on my way.

 
Here he is, attaching the board. Gotta love him, if he wasn't around,
 I would be doing everything half-assed...

 
I had some specialty tiles laying around, so I added a little old style look to the floor. Makes it seem like a floor they might have put in from the year the house was built (1949).

 
Just cut out a few of the tiles, and inset specialty tiles. Perfect. 

 
I was actually laying this tile at 1:00 in the morning. In a busy house, you have to wait until everyone (including dogs) goes to bed in order to give the glue time to dry overnight.

 
Actually, in all honesty, I think this is the ugliest thing I've ever done.
 
Oh well, it's clean. Grout tomorrow, and then Terry gets to do some finish molding.
 
And then, we figure out what to do with the stairs leading to the basement.
 I have a couple of ideas.........
 
*

 
Forget about flooring, we have to take care of everyday business.
 
Little Sandy turns Twenty One in a couple of weeks, and needs a new driver's license.
 
Here we are, stuck by a long, long train.

 
She cracks me up, or I crack her up... not sure, but we had some fun........

 
Until we got to the Secretary of State, and our number was 5,967...
 
and they were on number 13.
 
Long morning, but the reward was Olga's, for lunch.
 
We carry on.



No comments:

Post a Comment