Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Two Weeks Until Spring...

 
Roxy looks how we feel...
 
This is really how all Michigan natives feel right now.
It is only a couple weeks until Spring, yet it is 7 degrees and there are towering snowpiles everywhere. People are impatient, ugly, and downright mean around these parts.
 
Hence, my neglect of "Project House".
 
I eat, and sleep, and watch TV, and then I eat, and sleep, and watch some more TV.
We can't seem to find the energy, or the motivation, to do anything around here.
 
Today, I washed my bed comforter...
 
That sounds good, except that I looked at the sheets that haven't been washed (won't say how long it's been), and decided they were too much trouble. So, the sheets we actually lay on are grossly neglected, but the over blankets are "Downy Fresh".
 
I also washed a load of clothes, which is sitting in the basket on the coffee table, waiting to be put away. I'll get to it, but "American Idol" was way more important, and now I'm just too tired.
 
We did have a half hour spurt, somewhere between after dinner, and "American Idol", when I went down to get the blanket out of the dryer, that we had a very serious discussion about re-doing the basement bathroom.
 
Plumbing challenges, electrical issues, and gas lines...
 
Oh my God, too much. We went upstairs to our rockers, and reclined.
 
*
 
It's funny, when you think about it, that a year ago, at this time, we were running ductwork for a forced air furnace, in frigid temps. Installing a water heater, painting, plumbing, and roofwork.
 
Proof... that we rise to the occasion,
 
and fall back when no one is looking.
 
Two weeks until Spring.............

No comments:

Post a Comment