Saturday, March 29, 2014

Necessary Evils

 
Most things we do around project house, these days, are scattered and with no purposeful direction. It is still freezing cold, inside and out, and we try to do whatever moves us... to move.
 
We tore out the full bath, downstairs, a while back. Everything was covered in mold and beyond saving. We tore out everything; walls, wood, shower, sink, lighting, everything... except the toilet. Tonight, we took out the toilet. We thought it might be salvageable, but it was corroded and nasty (toilets are way too cheap to waste your time).

 
Now, it's definitely a blank slate.
 
Terry is trying to figure out a better wat to run the electric and plumbing. This will take some time...

 
Eww. There's where the toilet came out.

 
Last night, we went to the Home Depot and bought some "organizational items".
 
Terry needs a workspace in the basement...
 
Because we have realized that a garage is great... 5 months out of the year, but the rest of the time, he needs somewhere above freezing to work on projects.

 
Today, we worked on that space; hanging shelving, and organizing tools.

 
I tried to help, but I wish I knew more about tools and stuff. It's hard to organize things that you don't understand.
 
It's like Terry trying to help me organize my cake decorating stuff...

 
Now we're gettin somewhere.

 
Moving on to electrical. Terry added some much needed outlets, in my workspace, and his.
 
I love that he has his space and I have mine, and we work on our own projects... but together. Sometimes, I just look over at him, and feel happy.

 
Evening surprise.
 
 Mom called and said her refrigerastor was dying, so we ran over and checked it out. Cleaned all the mechanical insides, but still no pulse.

 
Gosh, this guy never stops being a hero. I called "time of death" before we even got to the house, but he keeps trying. He wants to save an appliance, but I want to shop for beautiful new stainless steel...
 
This kitchen needs to step into "year 2014".
 
and I am just the appliance girl to make it happen...
 
Carry on...

No comments:

Post a Comment