Friday, March 7, 2014

Magical Mystery Tour

 
All of these little pieces of wood are the parts to new nightstands that Terry is building. I can't wait to share the progress on this project. We have had the same old "Sauder" nightstands that I got 25 years ago. Can't wait for new, nice, nightstands.
 
I guess... that says something about "Sauder" furniture... if it lasted that long, right?

 
Here is the gutted bathroom downstairs in the basement. Upon closer examination, you can tell that were walls here, and there was a full three piece bath; shower, toilet, and sink.
 
The walls were full of mold, so they had to come down. The shower was not functional anymore, and the sink was an unfortunate victim of demolition. But, there's the toilet...
 
We have a plan, but this is going to be a big project for us. Major plumbing and electrical jobs that will haveTerry screaming curse words, and me, coming up with my standard half-assed ideas for cheap completion of the job.

 
Today, I finally put sealer on the front door entryway flooring...

 
and the back door entryway flooring.
 
Nothing like a forty degree day to wake me up.
 
*
 
Tomorrow, Terry is taking me to see "Rain" at the Fox Theater in Detroit.
 
It is a Broadway production of Beatles tunes.
 
Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment