Monday, March 17, 2014

Now is the Winter of Our Discontent

 
I've been AWOL. There hasn't really been much going on here lately, so there hasn't been much to report. Terry is still working on our new nightstands, but it is just too cold, in the garage, and the basement... the work is slow.

 
I started working on a new address sign for the house. I did not like the original one I made, just didn't like it. Working on "blockier numbers" and better colors...

 
Not quite sure of the day, but it was Saturday, or Sunday, or maybe Friday, I don't know, but it was warm enough to emerge from my cocoon for a few minutes. I surveyed the compound, and found this sunken sidewalk (Ugh, must take care of this!!!), mud, garbage, dysfunctional gutters, a disintigrating roof and missing flashing, and a whole miscellaney of crap that made me sad...

 
Then, I saw this tiny little Crocus poking up from the frozen ground... Ahh, my faith restored.
 
Then the wind picked up and I went back into my den of hibernation.

 
Well, I tossed aside my own address sign project (for a while). My Nephew and his new bride have bought a house, and they will be having a housewarming party soon, so I decided to make them one of my famous address signs for a housewarming gift.

 
It's coming along nicely.
 
A little warm-up is coming again, and then another Wintry hit.

We will carry on... for...
 
Now is the winter of our discontent,
 
“It's so much darker when a light goes out than it would have been if it had never shone.”
John Steinbeck, The Winter of Our Discontent
 
“I shall revenge myself in the cruelest way you can imagine. I shall forget it.”
John Steinbeck, The Winter of Our Discontent
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment