Saturday, August 30, 2014

Weird and Wonderful 50th

 
We spent our second Saturday at mom's, rehabbing her basement from flooding.

 
Bob & Terry got to work on retiling the laundry room.

 
I worked on putting everything back in it's place. The office area looks good now.

 
The living area looks good...

 
But the furnace room is still a wreck. I found more water-logged items in here today.
 The restoration team apparently ignored this room.

 
While they were tiling, the pipes under the laundry tub broke,
which caused a whole new set of problems.

 
Took a break to visit with the newest member of the family, Kaylee Lynn.
 
There's four generations, Great Grandma, Grandpa Bob, Ryan, and baby.

 
Back to work... Ryan and Terry trying to remove 60 year old pipe.

 
Meanwhile, I was dragging out more water-logged valuables,
 that I found hiding in the furnace room.

 
Pipes fixed, tile layed, and molding mounted. Done.

 
Time for my birthday dinner, at The Outback, with Bob & Peg.
Dinner was ruined when Bob found a screw under his steak, yes, really, a screw.
 
 
First time me and Terry have been at a restaurant in I don't know how long...
Reminded us of why we eat at home...
 

 
Ahh... these are the things memories are made of.

What a weird, but wonderful birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment