Tuesday, August 19, 2014

2000 Cadillac Eldorado

God, I love cars. Old cars, new cars; I love buying them, and selling them. There are certain cars that I just die over; Camaros, Cadillacs, and I really want a Lincoln MKZ.
 
 Terry hates cars. He hates buying them, and selling them. He just wants an old beater to drive around. 
 
We have a lease car that works as the general family car, but when we needed a secondary car, somehow, I got my way and we adopted this 2000 Cadillac Eldorado.
 
I had one before, and adored it, so I just wanted it so bad. Funny thing is, that Terry ended up being the principal driver of it, and he does not like it.
 
Now, the car is needing all kinds of work and I am quite hesitant to spend a lot of money on it because it is so old (I sure wish my brother was still around to help out with car mechanics like he used to)...
 
Here we are at the junk yard, looking for a side mirror for the old Caddy.


     The old baby needs a side mirror that got ripped off, it needs a muffler, and it needs a new windshield. We just bought new tires for it, and it got a new alternator, but this old car is still screaming for attention...
 
   
    The side mirror has been missing for a year now. This is not an easy find... but we keep trying. People tend to hang onto their Eldorados because they stopped production in 2000. This fact also propels me to keep it in good condition, because it is one of the last of it's kind.

 
    There she is... still in love with her, even though she's causing a lot of trouble right now.
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment