Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Cookies Won't keep You Warm

 
We spent the afternoon frosting a zillion cookies. Sandy and I still love this yearly tradition, no one else cares to take part in it anymore, but we keep it alive.


I still remember it from my childhood. Every Christmas, my mother would bake the cookies, whip up the bowls of colored frosting, and set up the table full of sparkles and sprinkles.
 
When I had my own children, I carried the torch, and throughout the years I have had many people at my table. When the kids were little, in our first house, the neighbor kids would come over and delight in the madness of it (what a mess).
 
As time went on, my second husband had four children, who brought added fun to the process.
 
More years, new neighbor kids, and more step-children.
 
The table has always been full.
 
 Now, it's just me and Sandy, and we enjoy the quiet time together. But we sure have some fond memories of crazy cookie decorating days gone by.
 
*
 
Soo... after decorating, and dinner, we all found our comfy spots to watch TV, or stare at our computers. After a short time, I thought my feet were freezing, and it felt chilly. I got up to check the thermostat and it read 61 degrees. Uh-oh...

 
Terry spent a couple of hours trying to troubleshoot, and even had brother Bob on the phone helping out. Just to remind current readers... Bob and Terry installed this brand new furnace just six months ago.
 
As the hours ticked by, and no fix was in sight, and the temperature in the house sank to 54 degrees, we made the call.
 
That's Chris McCarver from McCarver Mechanical working his magic. Great local heating & cooling guy. Turns out, the igniter was bad. I don't even know what that means, but thank goodness for a quick fix and a house heating back up.
 
After just a half year in this old house, we have found a great, reliable plumber, and an honest, quick furnace guy. All we need now is an electrician on the payroll...
 
Carry on.



No comments:

Post a Comment