Saturday, December 5, 2015

Working on the Kitchen

 
The new countertop is in, and the sink and faucet,
 now on to the backsplash...
 
We picked out a pencil thin, horizontal stone.
 
Should be a piece of cake.

 
Terry took care of all the details;
the dishwasher hookup,
 garbage disposal,
 sink clamps,
reconfigured plumbing,
new single faucet...

 
I started laying the tile...
this is gonna be easy.

 
Not so fast,
this woven (pencil thin) tile is kicking my ass.

 
Working around the outlets, and corners,
and getting to the edges turned out to be quite a challenge. 

 
It ended up taking me three days
 to finish this seemingly simple backsplash.


Ready for grout.

 
I hate grouting!

 
Now, for this dead space under the cabinets, I want a spice shelf...
 
 
ooh, break in the action...
a new grand-nephew was born...
Calvin Asti Wills
December 4, 2015
 
 
And there it is...
I ask for it, and Terry bulds it.

 
Amazing giant green bottle I got at an estate sale for a couple bucks.

 
Terry is hanging the shelf.

 
caulking, and painting...


and there it is.
 
Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment