Wednesday, June 11, 2014

I Need a 25 Hour Day

 
We finally addressed this area of the backyard, where there used to be a giant pine tree.
It was so full of pine bark, it took a long time to clean it all out.

 
Layed down some grass seed, roped it off from the dogs, and now we wait for grass to grow...

 
This is the area in the front yard where we dug out a giant evergreen bush. I am tired of grass seed, so I decided to make it a "Hosta" garden. Although the picture looks sunny, this spot is actually shady most of the day.

 
More work on the front garden beds; tore out old evergreens, planted grasses, and dappled willow, and coneflowers. More rock border, and more grass seed, and done.

 
Finally found a reasonable contractor to make us a deck, actually, it turns out to be a cement slab... When the estimate for a wood deck came in at $3500, we opted for a $1600 cement slab.

 
This is Joe, setting up the level...

 
Then he put down the forms and leveled, ready for cement.
 
He is coming back tomorrow, to pour the cement. I can't wait to finally have a place for a barbeque and some chairs. First I have to buy a barbeque ???
 
Special thank you to "my Kevin" for loaning us his money to get this done.

 
Remember the fireplace project? We're almost there...
 
Screen is ready to mount.

 
The log crib... oops, Shorty in the way...

 
There it is... Tomorrow, we'll put it all together.
 
All in a day...
 
I don't know how all of this happens in one day, but I made banana bread, sprayed the plants for aphids, dealt with the cement guy, called divorce lawyers, wrote out bills, watched police in front of my house, break up a fight between two kids, made chicken and mashed potatoes with gravy for dinner, watched baseball, and the O.J. Simpson special, and Moody Blues concert on PBS (simultaneously), chatted with my neighbor (who gave me some hostas), AND, made soup, while I waited for Sandy to come home at midnight.
 
Not enough hours in the day.
 
   









No comments:

Post a Comment