Saturday, May 10, 2014

Not Enough Hours in the Day

 
The grouting process...
 
Slather it on.

 
Let it sit for a 1/2 hour, and start the wiping.
 
Wiping, wiping, wiping.

 
There they are, my new sign, and my brother's new sign, ready to hang.

 
Time for a fluff piece. A little mirror frame, to pass the time between big projects.

 
The last big project is done. Terry finished the "finish" molding (perfect match), and today we went to price a new glass door and screen.
 
When the man told us how much it would cost, I told Terry I felt like I got slapped in the face. He told me, it was more like a donkey kick... 
 
We went home, thankful that we didn't throw away the old door. We will paint it and put it back on, for free.

 
Terry's been working on the patio excavation all week, and today, he finished.
 
Now, we have to decide if we have the energy to cart home tons of bags of gravel, and sand, and some patio stones.
 
I think... that if I get a couple of estimates from outside companies... we will decide that we DO have the energy.

 
I planted some cold weather seeds in my new garden beds today.

 
We are still afraid of overnight frosting, so I only planted spinach, lettuce, and onions, and chives.

 
Tonight, we mowed the lawn, hung the address sign, I cut Terry's hair, we went up to the Home Depot and picked up mulch, soil, and plants for tomorrow's work at mom's house, and then...
 
we went for a visit with Nick's new puppy, an adorable 6 week old Husky, named Perry.
 
Too cute.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment