Thursday, March 9, 2017

Dog Days of Winter

 
My nephews, Kenny & Andy came up from North Carolina
 for a visit at Grandma's house.
 
These two wonderful young men are getting married this year,
which makes for two interesting trips.
 
Kenny, 9-3-2017 in Charlottesville, Virginia
 
and Andy 11-4-2017 in Richmond, Virginia.
 
Sooo....
Me & Terry and Bob & Peggy are planning two separate trips,
 to the same place, all within a couple of months.
 
We can't wait. Our road trips are always a blast.
 
*
 
 
Here is Terry's latest challenge...
 
an old piano stool, we picked up at an estate sale for a few bucks.
 
It has a million coats of paint on it,
and Terry is going to restore it.

 
Look at that original claw, with glass ball foot.
 
This is a really cool find, and I will post more on it later,
(when it's warm enough for him to get back in the garage).

 
Still working on this doll house,
slow and steady wins the race.

 
A rare 65 degree day in February,
and this little guy popped up.

 
Found a perfect antique piano...

 
This is the boys room...

 
and the girls room.

 
The kitchen is a challenge.

 
All in all, it's really coming along nicely,
very time consuming and a lot more expensive than I anticipated.
 
This will be a bathroom someday.
 
*

 
And last but not least...
 
here is the painting that I just had to have.
 
It was the first thing that caught my eye
 as I walked into an estate sale last weekend.
 
I just had to have it.
I don't know why, but certain paintings just scream at me,
and this one would not let me walk away.
 
We actually left, and had to go back,
because I had to have it.
 
Unrecognized artist, C. Burger it looks like,
no million dollar prize,
just a French city scape that makes me want to be there.
 
Now it's over my fireplace.
 
No apologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment