Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Upstairs We Go...

 
We are officially calling it quits in the basement,
for now.
Spring is here and it's time to do a couple of projects upstairs,
 before summer hits, and then we head outside.
 
Here's the summary:
 
Terry wanted to drywall in the laundry room,
but I said no no, not on the priority list. Maybe next year.
 
 So I painted the studs and everything else,
 with some leftover paint I had, and it looks fine for now.  

 
Terry found a nice piece of wood to finish the basement stairs.
He's putting coats of stain and poly on it.

 
Some more black paint on the trim...

 
I finally painted the entryway to the bathroom...

 
It's all done, for now.
We still want to put in a ceiling,
but no no, not now.
Maybe next year.

 
There's the final piece that finishes the staircase, and it looks great.
I still need to add one more coat of black trim paint,
and Terry wants to stain the hand rail,
 but those are little jobs we can do on a rainy day.
 
There comes a time when you just have to stop,
and make a decision that you cannot do all the jobs you want, 
 and you must take a break for a while, and come out of the basement.
 
Oh my gosh, I remember saying the same thing last year at this time.
 
Upstairs we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment