Monday, April 14, 2014

Spring Sprang

 
Spring has finally sprung. We spent an afternoon trimming the shrubs at the back of the property, and chopping down scrub trees growing deep inside the bushes. This picture is the next morning, when the city comes and takes away trimmings.
 
Yes !!! This city actually welcomes you to trim away, and they come every Wednesday with their chipper and take away anything and everything you put out to the curb. We love it !
 
Giant limbs, root balls, they just take it away...
 Have never had a service like this in any city I have lived in.

 
Yes, we are still removing cement blocks, rocks, broken concrete, stones, wood timbers, and other miscellany from the yard.

 
On this lucky day, we were able to recruit Terry's son (and pals) to help us do some heavy lifting.

 
Pulled out the chaise loungers and Sandy got some sun.
So did Roxy.

 
Alas, the young men took off, and Terry and I are left to sort through this mess...

 
On to my next address sign...
 
My own sign has been tossed aside again.
The numbers are done, but I still the background to do.
 
This sign will be for my brother & sister-in-law, who both have birthdays coming up. They liked the sign I made for their kids, so... they're getting one too.
 
Well this last week was great, but Spring is over, for now.
Tonight, cold and snow !!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment